Economic and Environmental Impacts
Ultimately, the success of unmanned and autonomous systems will be determined by the public’s acceptance of the new technologies. Critical to determining public acceptance is the ability to study and forecast the economic, social, and environmental impacts of this disruptive technology. The public will eventually weigh the costs and benefits these systems bring. ASSURE provides the capability to study and forecast contributors to the public’s cost and benefit determination like economic prosperity, UAS budgets and services, health, climate, energy, and environmental impacts such as noise and nuisance.
- University of Alabama to lead NOAA institute to advance water and flood prediction—will use ASSURE Partner UAH Research Centers for UAS and IT Expertise
- ASSURE Research Partner, UAF, Makes Alaska’s First Large Drone Flight from an International Airport
- ASSURE’s Lead, Mississippi State, Marked Another Milestone in the University’s History of Innovation in Aviation
- ASSURE Leader Joins Top Officials at Resiliency of Airspace WRP Principals’ Meeting
- aSSURE’S LEAD,Mississippi State University, Honored with two Defense Innovation Awards
ASSURE allows industry and government agencies direct access to the capabilities and expertise of 26 universities and their researchers worldwide. The skills, abilities, and experience housed within ASSURE are critical to the success of our mission and the mission of our many partnering entities. The ASSURE organization is passionate about quality and meaningful research that safely and efficiently brings UAS into the National Airspace. If you see a topic area you would like to know more about please contact us directly for more information.
Related Research Projects